|Position:||Junior System Administrator (3641)|
Junior System Administrator
Praxis, Inc., a leading-edge technology company providing high-quality engineering and IT services to government and industry, is searching for a Junior System Administrator to work on various projects within our Engineering and Technical Services Group in the Washington DC locale.
Work as a Junior System Administrator for our Engineering and Technical Services Group in the Washington DC locale. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Gain a thorough understanding of the Government environment, unique needs and applications, to be able to troubleshoot and address PC hardware and software issues in a timely fashion
• Identifies, evaluates, and prioritizes customer problems and complaints to ensure that inquiries are resolved appropriately
• Coordinate technical activities in support of DoD/DoN security compliance management
• Support basic IT issues such as password resets, peripheral configurations, hardware diagnostics, and coordinate repairs
• Provision new hardware for new and existing users, including reimaging computers and installing software
• Performs administrative tasks and other activities as assigned (e.g., document management, scripts, SOPs)
• Acquire and maintain a highly competent level of knowledge on relevant products, current support policies, and methods of support delivery
Required Skills & Qualifications
• Associate’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques
• Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software
• Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
• Strong written and oral communication
• Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking
Desired Skills & Qualifications
• Ability to solve complex technical problems
• Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
• IAT Certification (e.g. A+, Security+, Network+, CISSP)
• Self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner
• Practical knowledge of LANs, DHCP, and DNS Server
• Familiarity with the following applications and operating systems preferred:
o Microsoft Windows
o MS Exchange
o MS Office 2010/2013
o VMware/Virtualbox virtualization environments
o Basic Linux/Unix scripting (bash/tsch)
• Must be a US Citizen
• Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information
• A Secret clearance is required immediately.
Praxis, Inc. offers a professional working environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with instant vesting on company contributions, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, and medical, dental, and vision insurance.
To apply for this position, please use our employment website: http://www.pxi.com/careers.php, select the position you are interested in, and click on “apply for this job”. Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon the qualifying applicant undergoing a comprehensive background check. Submittals without salary requirements may not be reviewed.
Praxis, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status or veteran status. Praxis, Inc. promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
|Apply for this Job|
251 18th Street South, Suite 610, Arlington, VA 22202 │Phone: (703) 837-8400│Fax: (703) 837-8500