|Position:||Space Robotics I&T Engineer (3633)|
|Description:||Space Robotics I&T Engineer
Praxis, Inc., a leading-edge technology company in Alexandria, VA, is searching for a full time Integration & Test engineer to work on a number of innovative spaceflight missions and projects within our Engineering and Technical Services Group in the Washington, D.C. locale.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Reviewing subsystem test plans and procedures, assembling a Integrated Master Test Plan, selecting, designing, or assembling appropriate test hardware and special equipment, and coordinating multiple system, subsystem, and assembly level tests of prototype hardware for space and ground robotics.
• Operate specialized equipment including 3-D scanners and write scripts and programs to convert data file formats and perform post test data reduction.
• Document and maintain the network infrastructure for a large robotics test facility including operational and development workstations running operating systems including Windows, Apple OS, and Linux.
• Support the integration and test operations involving installation of MLI and other thermal hardware onto spacecraft, test articles and or other space flight hardware.
• Responsible for coordinating major maintenance and upgrades of laboratory facilities including travelling cranes, LN2, high pressure shop air, hydraulic test stations, and other equipment. Responsible for recommending upgrades and improvements for this equipment to government laboratory manager.
• Design specialty ground support equipment as required using Unigraphics NX and other 3-D design tools.
Required Skills & Qualifications
• BS in mechanical or aerospace engineering or a related field. Specific work experience, formal college-level training, or certification in Computer Science or network engineering.
• Ability to work some overtime and/or shift coverage in support of mechanical efforts.
• Able to travel for training, operations at vendors, and to support extended field operations at the launch site.
• Applicant must be very detail oriented/organized, mechanically inclined and dependable.
• Must be a US Citizen
• A Secret clearance is required.
• Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information at a higher clearance level.
Praxis, Inc. offers a professional working environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with instant vesting on company contributions, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, and medical, dental, and vision insurance.
To apply for this position, please use our employment website: http://www.pxi.com/careers.php, select the position you are interested in, and click on “apply for this job”. Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon the qualifying applicant undergoing a comprehensive background check. Submittals without salary requirements may not be reviewed.
Praxis, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status or veteran status. Praxis, Inc. promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
|Apply for this Job|
251 18th Street South, Suite 610, Arlington, VA 22202 │Phone: (703) 837-8400│Fax: (703) 837-8500