|Position:||Spacecraft Thermal Assembly Technician (3632)|
|Description:||Spacecraft Thermal Assembly Technician
Praxis, Inc., a leading-edge technology company in Alexandria, VA, is searching for a full time Spacecraft Thermal Assembly Technician to work on a number of innovative spaceflight missions and projects within our Engineering and Technical Services Group in the Washington, D.C. locale.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Assembly and fabrication of flight and non-flight Multi-Layer Insulation (MLI) under the direction of a senior staff member.
• Design MLI blanket templates in paper and Mylar using a combination of tools including drawings, actual flight hardware, ACAD and NX 7.5 solid models.
• Design and installation of flight and non-flight MLI for test support and space flight final integration at NRL as well as launch site.
• Assist in the installation of all thermal control hardware and creation of related documentation.
• Support the integration and test operations involving installation of MLI and other thermal hardware onto spacecraft, test articles and or other space flight hardware.
• Support thermal vacuum testing and field site operations. This position will include shift work during thermal vacuum chamber testing and in-field activities.
• Develop test fixtures to support component and subassembly testing.
• Maintain two work areas and all related equipment plus keep all flight and testing hardware inventory available and up to date.
Assemble and test thermal harnesses for TVAC test and for flight. This work involves the installation of thermistors to spaceflight standards, fine pitch soldering, ultra-high density crimp connector assembly, and operation of basic electrical test equipment.
• NASA certifications for flight cable harness and board assembly, including solder, crimping, and chemical bonding; certification and experience working in ESD controlled environments and clean rooms.
• Ability to work some overtime and/or shift coverage in support of mechanical efforts.
• Able to travel for training, operations at vendors, and to support extended field operations at the launch site.
• Able to work in clean room environment for extended periods of time.
• Applicant must be very detail oriented/organized, mechanically inclined and dependable.
• Applicant must be very detail oriented, exhibit excellent organization skills, and be mechanically inclined and very dependable
• Must be a US Citizen
• A Secret clearance is required.
• Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information at a higher clearance level.
Praxis, Inc. offers a professional working environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with instant vesting on company contributions, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, and medical, dental, and vision insurance.
To apply for this position, please use our employment website: http://www.pxi.com/careers.php, select the position you are interested in, and click on “apply for this job”. Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon the qualifying applicant undergoing a comprehensive background check. Submittals without salary requirements may not be reviewed.
Praxis, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status or veteran status. Praxis, Inc. promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
|Apply for this Job|
251 18th Street South, Suite 610, Arlington, VA 22202 │Phone: (703) 837-8400│Fax: (703) 837-8500