|Position:||Hardware Engineer (3628)|
Praxis, Inc., a leading-edge technology company providing high-quality engineering and IT services to government and industry, is searching for a Hardware Engineer to provide full-time support at our customer facility in Stafford, VA. Limited CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required.
This position requires a flexible individual with experience in RF, analog and digital hardware design and development. Candidate will develop product technical specifications and test specifications with a development team. Candidate will analyze existing systems to identify flaws, and propose modifications that will increase the efficiency and reliability of the system. The candidate will work closely with customers to assess their needs and offer technical support. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team is required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Interface with customers to gather and document requirements.
• Develop product technical specifications and test specifications with a development team.
• Prepare reports and technical documentation.
• Design and develop electronic circuits for new products and modifications to existing products.
• Research components, materials, and vendors as required.
• Recommend purchase of equipment to improve operation of existing systems.
• Direct, coordinate, and participate in building and testing of prototypes.
• Develop and apply test procedures for performance and compliance with requirements.
• Participate in design reviews related to assigned projects.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
• 2-5 years of expertise in radio frequency (RF), analog and digital hardware design and development
• Must be well organized, a good communicator, and capable of multi-tasking
• Must possess strong analytical skills, and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Must have demonstrable computer skills, with experience using Microsoft Office Products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Must have strong technical writing skills
• Working knowledge of software design and development
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Proficiency in testing methods, data collection and data analysis techniques and reporting
• Possess a working knowledge of software design and development
• Familiarity with systems engineering concepts, particularly system definition process (requirements analysis, system concept definition and requirements definition) and test methodology
• Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time
• Proficiency with AutoCad, MatLab, LabView
• Proficiency in the use of applicable test equipment such as oscilloscopes, digital logic analyzers, signal and network analyzers is highly desirable
• Must be a US Citizen
• Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information
• A TS/SCI clearance with a CI polygraph will be required.
Praxis, Inc. offers a professional working environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with instant vesting on company contributions, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, and medical, dental, and vision insurance.
To apply for this position, please use our employment website: http://www.pxi.com/careers.php, select the position you are interested in, and click on “apply for this job”. Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon the qualifying applicant undergoing a comprehensive background check. Submittals without salary requirements may not be reviewed.
Praxis, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status or veteran status. Praxis, Inc. promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
|Apply for this Job|
251 18th Street South, Suite 610, Arlington, VA 22202 │Phone: (703) 837-8400│Fax: (703) 837-8500