|Position:||System Engineer (3627)|
Praxis, Inc., a leading-edge technology company providing high-quality engineering and IT services to government and industry, is searching for a System Engineer to work on various projects within our Engineering and Technical Services Group in Stafford, VA. Limited travel CONUS/OCONUS may be required.
The successful candidate will perform system engineering tasks, such as the analysis of digital signals, in particular in the time and frequency domain, and provide digital signals expertise to a software development team.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Interface with customers to gather and document requirements.
• Provide subject matter expertise in the area of time to a team composed of software engineers, system engineers, system administrators, and project managers.
• Assist site customer and other on-site engineers in system problem diagnosis and troubleshooting, collection of problem information, writing discrepancy reports (DRs), and recommending fixes.
Required Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Math, or Computer Engineering is required. Master’s degree is desired.
• Must be well organized, a good communicator, and capable of multi-tasking.
• Must possess strong analytical skills, and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
• Three (3) or more years of full-time professional experience in area of study.
• Education or experience in digital signal processing.
• Fundamental understanding of time and frequency domain and devices (clocks, GPS, time distribution, measurement devices, NTP, two way time transfer, clock ensembles).
• Matlab experience highly desired.
• Experience with relational databases (MySQL, SQL).
• Must be a US Citizen
• Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information
• A TS/SCI clearance with the ability to pass a CI polygraph will be required.
Praxis, Inc. offers a professional working environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with instant vesting on company contributions, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, and medical, dental, and vision insurance.
To apply for this position, please use our employment website: http://www.pxi.com/careers.php, select the position you are interested in, and click on “apply for this job”. Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon the qualifying applicant undergoing a comprehensive background check. Submittals without salary requirements may not be reviewed.
Praxis, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status or veteran status. Praxis, Inc. promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
|Apply for this Job|
251 18th Street South, Suite 610, Arlington, VA 22202 │Phone: (703) 837-8400│Fax: (703) 837-8500