|Position:||Web Developer (3625)|
Praxis, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Technology Service Corporation, and a leading-edge technology company providing high-quality engineering and IT services to government and industry, is searching for a Web Developer to work on a number of projects within our Engineering and Technical Services Group in the Washington DC locale.
The successful candidate will possess the skills necessary to work in a research, development, and operational environment with a mix of contractor personnel from various companies and government personnel.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage web development projects throughout their lifecycle including analysis, design, configuring, programming and unit testing in support of government customer task requirements and strategic objectives
• Ensure full interoperability and seamless connections between all internal and external data feeds and operational systems
• Develop content and maintain associated systems for customer's web sites, including sites hosted on classified networks
• Develop web, web service, collaborative systems solutions in accordance with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and DISA Standard Technical Implementation Guides (STIG)
• Perform software test to include regression and continuous integration tests as software is being developed, including unit test during application development when applicable
• Manage the web and database services test process to include beta and release candidate testing, including planning and participating in user functional test events
• Develop web application interfaces with security built within per industry and government standards
Required Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of five (5) years’ or more of professional experience with focus on designing and deploying web based solutions
• Knowledge and/or expertise with internet technologies, techniques and tools such as graphics software applications and object-oriented languages
• Thorough knowledge of electronic publishing, web design principles, and structured authoring languages such as HTML, DHTML, SGML, SVG, XHTML, CCS, and/or XML
• Demonstrated knowledge with relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, and/or SQL Server
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Must be a US Citizen
• A Secret clearance is required immediately. Ability to obtain a TS preferred.
• Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information
Praxis, Inc. offers a professional working environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with instant vesting on company contributions, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, and medical, dental, and vision insurance.
To apply for this position, please use our employment website: http://www.pxi.com/careers.php, select the position you are interested in, and click on “apply for this job”. Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon the qualifying applicant undergoing a comprehensive background check. Submittals without salary requirements may not be reviewed.
Praxis, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status or veteran status. Praxis, Inc. promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
|Apply for this Job|
251 18th Street South, Suite 610, Arlington, VA 22202 │Phone: (703) 837-8400│Fax: (703) 837-8500