|Position:||Linux Senior System Administrator/Developer (3618)|
|Description:||Linux System Administrator/Developer
Praxis, Inc., a leading-edge technology company providing high-quality engineering and IT services to government and industry, is searching for a Linux System Administrator/Developer to work on various projects within our Engineering and Technical Services Group in the Washington DC locale.
This position requires a flexible individual with experience in Linux system administration throughout the project lifecycle. Successful candidate will provide backend server as well as end-user support including upgrades, system refresh, automated patch and update deployment, continuous monitoring using best practices and cyber security tools.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Interface with customers to gather and document requirements.
• Design, implement, and test functional capabilities based on customer requirements in a timely manner.
• Install and maintain Linux systems in production environments.
• Linux system administration including backup, security management, bash scripting, user account management.
• Hardening OS and applications to required configurations (e.g. DISA STIGs).
• Compliance/Vulnerability Monitoring with HBSS and ACAS.
• Network troubleshooting; i.e. NMAP, DIG, NETCAT, etc.
Required Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in IT, Networking, or Engineering is required. (Master’s degree is desirable.)
• Minimum of 3-5+ years of Linux System Administration experience.
• Enterprise Linux Distributions (RHEL, CENTOS, UBUNTU) 5, 6, and/or 7 experience.
• Successful candidates must be well organized, a good communicator, and capable of multi-tasking; must possess strong analytical skills, and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Will be required to be compliant with DoD 8570 (Security+, CISSP, etc.)
Desired Skills & Qualifications
• Experience with Bash/Python scripting language.
• Experience with relational databases; i.e. MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres, etc.
• Experience with change request and work tracking software.
• Software configuration management using GIT & continuous integration products.
• Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF).
• Programming experience (Java, distributed applications, HTML/CSS, Apache, web server).
• Must be a US Citizen
• Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information
• A SECRET clearance is required immediately. Ability to obtain a TS will be required.
Praxis, Inc. offers a professional working environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with instant vesting on company contributions, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, and medical, dental, and vision insurance.
To apply for this position, please use our employment website: http://www.pxi.com/careers.php, select the position you are interested in, and click on “apply for this job”. Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon the qualifying applicant undergoing a comprehensive background check. Submittals without salary requirements may not be reviewed.
Praxis, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status or veteran status. Praxis, Inc. promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
|Apply for this Job|
251 18th Street South, Suite 610, Arlington, VA 22202 │Phone: (703) 837-8400│Fax: (703) 837-8500