|Position:||Spacecraft Software Engineer (3604)|
|Description:||Praxis, Inc., a leading-edge technology company providing high-quality engineering and IT services to government and industry, is searching for a Spacecraft Software Engineer to work on various projects within our Engineering and Technical Services Group in the Washington DC locale.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Gain a thorough understanding of the unique and emerging requirements in the space systems environment and applications
• Manages, evaluates quality, and optimizes spacecraft procedures, tools, and the processes needed for efficient execution of operational activities
• Applies experience and professional judgment to evaluate, create, and implement innovative strategies to support dynamic operational needs
• Advanced support and leadership of complex applications and projects that require the integration of multiple technologies
• Perform requirements definition, design, code and unit test, integration support and verification of spacecraft software
• Interact, plan, and coordinate with multiple software team members, spacecraft engineers, and data engineers/maintenance teams
Required Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or the equivalent
• Minimum of five (5) years’ spacecraft software experience, with an emphasis on telemetry and command
• Strong C/C++ language skills
• Experience in all phases of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), including requirements analysis, design, coding, unit test, integration, and verification
• Advanced working knowledge of flight control systems and command telemetry and data communication protocols
• Familiarity with data integrity techniques such as checksums, parity checks, and cyclic redundancy checks (CRC)
• Knowledge of embedded debugging tools and techniques, electrical interfacing issues and communication standards (RS422, TCP/IP, etc.) used in spacecraft development is essential
• Experience with spacecraft design, systems engineering, integration, and testing
• Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Desired Skills & Qualifications
• Ability to solve complex technical problems
• Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
• Self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner
• Experience working under formal Software Development Plans, Processes, and Configuration Management
• Experience with spacecraft bus/flight software
• Shell scripting tools such as Bourne shell, Csh, Perl, Tk, Python
• Must be a US Citizen
• Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information
• Ability to acquire a SECRET clearance is required immediately. Ability to acquire TS/SCI clearance is preferred.
Praxis, Inc. offers a professional working environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with instant vesting on company contributions, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, and medical, dental, and vision insurance.
To apply for this position, please use our employment website: http://www.pxi.com/careers.php, select the position you are interested in, and click on “apply for this job”. Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon the qualifying applicant undergoing a comprehensive background check. Submittals without salary requirements may not be reviewed.
Praxis, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status or veteran status. Praxis, Inc. promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
|Apply for this Job|
251 18th Street South, Suite 610, Arlington, VA 22202 │Phone: (703) 837-8400│Fax: (703) 837-8500